Wondering What to Believe?
Does Nature Give Proof of God?8 Digging Deeper
Can I Hear God's Voice?8 Digging Deeper
- Does God Care About My Concerns?
- Best practices for a thriving relationship.
- God wants us to know Him
- Ways that God communicates to us today.
- God gives us scriptures through men.
- Life changing love letter from God.
- God provides us a way for a relationship with Him through Jesus.
- Are you too busy for God?
Can I Trust the Bible?7 Digging Deeper
- Is it possible for us to know if the Bible is true?
- The differences and similarities between faith and trust.
- The significance in the magnitude of New Testament manuscripts compared to other ancient manuscripts.
- How large numbers of discovered manuscripts support the authenticity of the Bible.
- Why do you think about the very small (.001) part of critical textual variations found in the New Testament?
- How has the Bible impacted your life?
- Do you trust the Bible?
Who is God?8 Digging Deeper
- God reveals himself throughout time so that people can worship the one true God.
- Evidences of the Existence of God.
- A God that always keeps his word.
- God’s ways above our ways.
- The Truth of God’s Nature.
- God is a loving, caring, beneficent God.
- A God that is God is long-suffering and forgiving.
- Striving to become more like God.
Who Am I?7 Digging Deeper
What is the Meaning of Life?7 Digging Deeper
- What is the meaning of your life? What is your purpose?
- How Jesus brings meaning to our lives.
- How does knowing Jesus will judge both the good and the bad in our lives impact the way we live?
- What do you make of the reading from Ecclesiastes 5:15?
- What do you want to be said about your life when you’re gone?
- How our understanding of the meaning of our life impact the way we live.
- What would you say was the meaning of the life you’ve lived so far?
Is there a Right and Wrong?7 Digging Deeper
- The different standards for determining what is right and what is wrong.
- Is it in our nature to know what is right and wrong?
- Is right and wrong discerned by each person for themselves or is it ultimately determined by a higher authority?
- What to do in a situation where two people have different beliefs on what is right and wrong?
- Is there a standard when determining what is right and wrong?
- Is the Bible is our absolute moral standard for topics such as honesty, sexuality, the value of human life?
- Do you believe you can determine with absolute certainly what is right and wrong?
Who Wrote the Bible?8 Digging Deeper
- The Truth in the Bible.
- The Origin of the Bible
- The single author behind the many writers in the Bible.
- God foreshadowing discoveries made in today’s world.
- Why people downplay the evidences in the Bible.
- Foreshadowing of Jesus in the Old Testament
- Using doubt as an excuse to not change.
- What it means to have faith in the Bible.
Why Does God Allow Evil?9 Digging Deeper
Does God Love Me?5 Digging Deeper
Ways to comfort someone who’s been bullied.
Here are some ways you might consider to be of help.
- Listen to the person when he or she describes their hurt and feelings.
- Remind the person that God loves them and cares for them and that he will help them get through it.
- Have a brief prayer for the person to be healed and for the perpetrator to stop this evil behavior and be helped to correct it.
- Assure the person that you genuinely care for them and that you will stay by them and help them as their friend.
- If the abuse warrants it, go with the person to report the abuse so that the abuse does not happen to others and so that the perpetrator can receive help.
- Offer to sit by the person during lunch, to walk with them to and from school or to their transportation, and to meet them before and after school to see how things are going.
- Continue to show interest and care by checking with the person over the next few weeks to let them tell you how it’s going.
Do you know some additional ways that you could be of help?
If we want to follow Jesus, the one thing that we must not do is to seek revenge and try to “get even.” In his Sermon on the Mount, Jesus taught us how to deal with those who criticize, condemn and ridicule us. Here’s what he said:
“You have heard that it was said, ‘You shall love your neighbor and hate your enemy.’ But I say to you, Love your enemies and pray for those who persecute you, so that you may be sons of your Father who is in heaven.” (Matt. 5:43-45).
The Apostle Paul instructed us to be sure that we do not return evil for evil but instead overcome evil with good. Here’s what he said:
Repay no one evil for evil, but give thought to do what is honorable in the sight of all. If possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all. Beloved, never avenge yourselves, but leave it to the wrath of God, for it is written, “Vengeance is mine, I will repay, says the Lord.” To the contrary, “if your enemy is hungry, feed him; if he is thirsty, give him something to drink; for by so doing you will heap burning coals on his head.” Do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good. (Rom. 12:17-21).