Home Forums Digging Deeper: DBA 1

• Digging Deeper: DBA 1

Posted by Donald Ballard on January 19, 2021 at 2:15 pm

The article on intelligent design or ordered chaos references a number of passages from Scripture affirming creation. Select three (3) passages that resonated with you most. Share with the group the reasons why these stood out and how your faith was increased after studying them.

Hunter Powell replied 2 years, 6 months ago 4 Members · 3 Replies
  • 3 Replies
  • Emily Voce

January 19, 2021 at 2:37 pm

The three passages that stood out to me were Acts 17:24-28, Ecclesiastes 3:11, and Acts 14:17 because they reinforced ideas that we discussed in some of the questions from the lesson. Acts 17:24-28 talks about how God made borders for the different nations of man. This made me think of question 6 which asked whether or not God intentionally designed the Earth for humans. I think this verse proves that He did create Earth with us in mind. Ecclesiastes 3:11 talks about how God intended for humans to not find out everything about God’s creation for a while. This reinforces the idea that God will reveal all things in His own time. Acts 14:17 talks about how humans are witnesses to Gods creation and all the things He has done to show His work. This made me think of questions 7 and 5. Everything God provides for us is His way of revealing Himself to us. It’s His “signature”. And humans do play a unique role in creation. We are witnesses to God’s creation.

• Vanessa Masson

February 19, 2021 at 7:55 pm

These three verses stood out to me Colossians 1:16 exodus 20:11 romans 1:20 these verse stood out to me because they all show the how wonderful and powerful Gods creation is. Like in Romans 1:20 it states “his eternal power and Devine nature have been clearly seen” or in Colossians 1:16 “For by him all things were created” shows the power of his creation.

• Hunter Powell

February 25, 2021 at 4:46 pm

The 3 verses stood out to me, Colossians 1:16, Exodus 20:11 and romans 1:20 because they showed me how gracious God is with making his creations. Like in Romans 1:20 it says,” His power and nature have been clearly seen and that shows how blessed we are to have a creator like God.